Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Stepping it Up

This morning started bright and early with a personal training session. Now, my trainer changes the workout every time I see her, but there's one move that she makes me do rather often. It's my LEAST favourite move: step-ups. All it consists of is stepping up onto a step. Sounds simple. But you're not supposed to push off with your bottom foot! So, for example, if my right foot is on the step, I'm supposed to be able to just push into the heel of my right foot and somehow lift my body up without my left foot helping much at all. This is literally impossible for me to do. Sometimes I have to do it with weights, sometimes I have to do a giant step, sometimes both... but it is never possible for me to not push off the bottom foot. Maybe one day..

Anyway, somehow I survived. I also confessed to my trainer (and now to you) that I've had a few slip-ups with my eating the past few days. I know I'm doing better than I was, but I won't get the results I want if I keep making excuses and eating junk. Somehow, I rationalize it to myself by thinking that "one bad meal" won't make a difference, even though I know it does.

I'm pleased to say though, that today was completely on track! I started off my day with steel cut oats with natural peanut butter. I ate some before my workout, and some after. Then I packed a LOT of food to bring for a long day at work:


I brought a green smoothie (spinach, flaxseed, almond milk, berries, and banana), leftover turkey sausage with brown rice pasta, leftover potato enchiladas, carrots, and plums. I was pretty satisfied. I had some frozen pineapple when I got home, and now I'm eating second dinner - leftover thai coconut chicken curry with brown rice. Delicious!

I know that I can go the rest of the week without any more junk food. So that's exactly what I'm going to do! Stay tuned for more details of my stellar, perfect-eating week. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That food sounds so healthy and yummy, plus I know you put in a lot of effort to make it all and pack it up for work! You're my hero.

Katie said...

Thank you so much!!!